Andrew Avenue Elementary School
February 1, 2019
Note from Mrs. Stone in the gym:
Hello Andrew Ave Families,
During the month of February I have teamed up with the American Heart Association and have introduced your children to heart healthy discussion and activities. You should have seen a packet come home for the fundraising drive call KIDS HEART CHALLENGE. Our school has already raised over $500!! Way to go!
Here is the link to our school page where you can learn more about the project and make donations online.
Also, On Wednesday February 13th we will have our Family Fitness Night. There will be two sessions: Session one 5:30pm-6:30pm & Session two 6:45pm - 7:45pm. Flyers for this event should be going home today and a copy of the flyer will be in with this newsletter. Any family who would like to attend needs to fill out and return the slip no later than Tuesday Feb 12th.
Family Fitness Night & Kids Heart Challenge
Andrew Avenue families are invited
Wednesday February 13th
In the Gym
Wear comfortable clothing and sneakers, bring water and a positive attitude.
Families will work in small groups and actively participate in fitness stations that promote Heart Healthy Fitness, Family Bonding and an Overall Fun Time. Get fit as a family!
If you have not handed in your Kids Heart Challenge Envelopes, you can bring them with you to the event. The more money we raise for the American Heart Association the more money we get for PE equipment.
Raffle prizes will be given out at each session during the evening.
**You do don’t have to make a monetary donation to attend this event**
Please fill out the bottom portion of this form and return to Mrs. Stone by Tuesday Feb. 12th
Student or Students Name(s) and grade _______________________ ___________________________
____________________ _______________________ ______________________
Number of family members’ attending _______
Circle 1 session only
Session 1: 5:30pm- 6:30pm
Session 2: 6:45pm – 7:45pm
Registration is the the first week in March. More details to follow.
A Plus Rewards from Stop & Shop
Andrew Avenue School ID# 08688
Our school, Andrew Avenue, ID#: 08688 has the opportunity to participate in and earn cash from A+ School Rewards, a great fundraising program run through your local Stop & Shop!
You DO NOT need to re-register your card if your school selection(s) remains the same as last year.
New Supporters or Existing Supporters Wishing to Make Changes:
· Visit stopandshop.com and select SIGN IN at the top right to log into your online account. Once logged in, select my account, manage my account, then rewards & savings to select your school.
· If you do not have an online account, visit stopandshop.com and click register. Follow the prompts to create your online account. Once logged in, follow the instructions listed above.
· You’ll need your 13-digit Stop & Shop card number and the School ID # or, if you need assistance call 1-877-366-2668 option #1
To Earn Points:
· Use your registered Stop & Shop Card each time you shop at any Stop & Shop, and you will earn cash for our school. You can confirm your school selection by logging into your account.
· At the end of each month, your points are calculated and converted to cash rewards. These cash rewards for our school are updated monthly. You can track our progress when you sign in to your online account.
· Our school will receive one cash rewards check at the end of the program and can use this cash for any of our educational needs.
Also, please encourage your family members and friends to support our school. This could result in more cash rewards!
Thank you for supporting our school.
February 6th is an early dismissal day,1:00 PM for students
Teacher’s will be having Professional Development
President’s Day Break
No school February 18th & 19th
Our doors open at 8:40 AM students can then enter and go have breakfast. (We have free breakfast and free lunch.) A bell rings at 8:55 AM at which time school officially begins. Our day ends at 3:25 PM. On a half day, school dismisses at 1:00 PM. Lunch is served on all half days. On ½ days called on account of weather and when all after school activities are canceled the SPARK and YMCA program does not run. Please make sure the school knows how your child/children will be going home on those days.
If you are looking for our school calendar or the lunch menu, or even school news & events please check out Our School's Webpage
As always, if you have any questions, please call the school office at (203) 720-5221.