Arrival & Dismissal
Arrival and Dismissal
No parking is allowed on the road in front of the school- it is a fire lane. No cars are allowed in the front circle- it is a bus zone.
- Students cannot arrive on school grounds before 8:40 AM, as there is no adult supervision until that time. Parents must wait with children if they arrive before that time in order to keep all children safe.
- Parents dropping off must pull to the side of the building where an adult is waiting to welcome your child from your vehicle.
- If you are dropping off your child after dismissal please park in the lot across from the office and walk to your child in to sign them in.
- Children will not be dismissed earlier than the normal dismissal time (3:25) except for special circumstances. Given a special circumstance, please send in a note with your child or call the school before 10:00 AM.
- If something unexpected arises please call the school before picking them up so we are aware.
- Students in grades 1-4 are dismissed from the gym and students will be waiting with their teacher. For safety reasons, bus students are dismissed first, and then parents are let in. It is okay to come by 3:35 to pick-up your child so you are not waiting.
- Kindergarten students are dismissed from their classroom.
- No child will be dismissed from school with anyone other than his or her parent/guardian unless the school has written permission.
- Adults who are picking up their children are to park in the parking lot on the side of the school closest to Spencer Street.
No one is allowed to enter the office entrance after 3:00 PM until dismissal is complete (~3:45). If you have to pick-up early (following above regulations), do so before 3:00. It is too dangerous for people to be entering the office during the dismissal procedure. The only exception to this rule is families with health concerns that need to check-in with the nurse at the end of the day and/or PTO officers who come in to check PTO mail.
Persons Authorized for Pick-up
Any adult picking up a child must be on our Power School list of authorized pick-ups. Parents are automatically identified as authorized to pick-up their own child. Persons other than those known by faculty will be asked to show identification for the safety of all children.