Dress should be appropriate for learning and not a distraction to your child or others. The following is prohibited-
- Shorts or skirts above the mid-thigh;
- Tank tops with spaghetti straps; halter or strapless tops;
- Clothing which prints vulgarities, promotes illegal activity, displays pictures, words or links to websites that advertise or imply drugs, alcohol or weapons, or displays discriminatory words or gestures;
- Hats, hoods or bandanas;
- Slippers, flip flops, shoes with wheels or high heels;
- Long scarves, long ornamental necklaces and earrings, and belts with chains;
- Coats, jackets or other attire normally worn as outerwear;
- Sunglasses (unless prescribed by a doctor)
Make-up is discouraged because students often want to re-apply the make-up which becomes a distraction.
Students who violate the dress code or wear clothing that is a distraction may be removed from class until an adult can provide appropriate attire. In the case of make-up, your child may be asked to simply wash it off.