Fourth Grade Teacher
About Mrs. Connolly
I became a teacher because I love learning, teaching, and helping children to be enthusiastic thinkers and learners. I love working in Naugatuck. I particularly love teaching at Andrew Avenue Elementary School with our Andrew Ave community. I am lucky to feel included in the community and to have met and worked with many wonderful students and families. While our motto is that Andrew Avenue is, “A great place to be,” I think that is an understatement. I’d say It is a FANTASTIC place to be!
A little bit about me...
- Education: Master’s Degree in Education from UConn (Go Huskies!)
- Years teaching: I've been teaching since 1997
- Years in Naugatuck Schools: I've been teaching in Naugatuck since 2014
- A few of my favorite things: Random acts of kindness, smiles, making people laugh, hugs, dogs, animals in general, reading, learning new words, Mike and Ike’s, purple pens, an ample supply of paper clips, baseball, and softball.
- A fun fact about me: I grew up on a man made island.
- Classes I teach: Reading/Langauge Arts, Math, writing, science, social studies
- Wish list for supplies: Post-it notes, tissues, baby wipes (for wiping down desks)