Please gather the following documents:
1. Two Proofs of Residency
The legal residence of a student will be determined by the residence of the parents/guardians with whom the student is living. Proof of residency can be validated by providing two documents.
You must have one of the following:
- Naugatuck Deed
- Current Naugatuck Mortgage statement
- Current Naugatuck Rental agreement
- Notarized statement from the property owner in Naugatuck
And at least one of the following:
- Utility bill of parent/guardian (electric, gas or water) - Must include postmark
- Real estate or personal property tax bill of parent/guardian - Must include postmark
- Or other form of documentation approved by the Superintendent
2. Proof of Guardianship
Guardianship may be established with the following documentation:
- Full size original (no copies accepted) birth certificate showing the name(s) of parent(s)
- Probate court documents showing transfer of guardianship
- Valid photo ID of the parent/guardian listed on birth certificate or passport or probate documents (used for identification purposes only).
- Probate forms
- Pamphlet explaining transfer of guardianship
Guardians of any child attending Naugatuck Public Schools must provide proof of guardianship by submitting to the Superintendent of Schools a copy of a court order from a Connecticut Court appointing the adult as guardian of the student.
In the event that an application for guardianship has been filed and a hearing is pending in Court, then a copy of the application filed with the Court, with the Court’s date stamp shall be acceptable until a final Court order is obtained appointing said adult as permanent or temporary guardian of the child. This Court order shall be provided to the Superintendent of Schools as soon as it is obtained, but no later than 120 days from the submission of the pending application for guardianship. Temporary guardianship must be renewed annually on the anniversary date of the original order, and paperwork provided to the Superintendent of Schools.
3. Proof of Immunization
See the immunization requirements under our health services department.
4. Birth Certificate
The long form with the seal is required.
5. Completed State of Connecticut medical form
This is the blue form with an up-to-date physical record. You can download it from the paperwork menu or contact the school that your child will be attending for a copy.