Andrew Avenue Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
The goals and objectives of the PTO are:
- Support the Vision of the Graduate, Vision, Mission of Naugatuck Public Schools and Andrew Avenue School.
- To provide activities that will enhance the learning atmosphere of Andrew Avenue School.
- To promote and encourage the participation of families, friends, relatives and associates of the student body in PTO sponsored activities/events.
- Foster a closer relationship between the home and school in order to provide a well-rounded education.
- To dispense information regarding these activities to the families of Andrew Avenue School students. Any activities or communications must be approved by the principal prior to publication and/or event.
- The PTO shall remain non-commercial, non-sectarian, and non-partisan.
- To act as liaison between the community and the principal in collaborative leadership/decision making. As well as being a positive ambassador for the school to the community.
There are no resources or collections to display
Research shows that when parents are involved in their children's education, the children are more likely to:
- Earn better grades.
- Score higher on tests.
- Pass their classes.
- Attend school regularly.
- Have better social skills.
- Show improved behavior.
- Be more positive in their attitude toward school.
- Complete homework assignments.
- Graduate and continue their education.
There are many opportunities to be involved. Here are a few:
- Volunteer in your child's class - work with students in small groups
- Be involved in planning cultural events- we are always looking for new ideas
- Come to PTO meetings each month - there are many ways to help out and we are looking for creative projects!
Schools with involved parents enjoy:
- Better morale among teachers.
- Higher ratings of teachers by parents.
- More support from families.
- A better reputation in the community.
When parents become involved in their children's education, the parents are more likely to:
- Be more confident at school.
- Be more confident in themselves as parents and their ability to help their children learn.
- Be held in higher esteem by teachers and have teachers expect more from their children.
- Enroll in continuing education to advance their own schooling.